This session uses simple kit to generate big, muscle-building results.
Rest: Straight into 1b
· Grasp a bar with an overhand grip so your palms are facing away from you and your hands are twice shoulder-width apart.
· Contract your upper back muscles to pull your sternum towards the bar, then lower under control.
1b. Plank with Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Reps: 8 each side
Rest: 45 secs, then repeat 1a
· Start in the top press-up position, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
· Keeping your core braced to control rotation and your arm straight, lift one dumbbell out to the side until it’s level with your shoulder, then lower under control.
· Repeat on the other side.
Rest: Straight into 2b
· Start in the top press-up position with a dumbbell in each hand.
· Slowly lower your body until your chest almost touches the floor, then press back up.
Rest: 45 secs
· Lie with your upper back on a gym ball, holding a dumbbell in each hand directly above your chest with palms facing.
· Make sure your head and upper back are supported and your feet are flat on the floor.
· Keeping a slight bend in your elbows, slowly lower the weights out to the sides as far as is comfortable.
· Use your chest to reverse the move and lift the weights back to the top.
Rest: 30 secs
· Stand holding dumbbells with your palms facing you and your upper arms vertical to work your deltoids.
· Press the weights overhead, rotating your hands so your palms end up face forwards.
· Slowly reverse back to the start.
Rest: 30 secs
· Lie on your back with your arms fully extended behind your head, keeping them and your legs slightly off the ground by tensing your core.
· Bring your arms directly above your face and your legs up with a 90-degree bend in your knees, making sure your shoulders don’t leave the ground, then return to the start.
Photography: Tom Miles
Article From: Men’s Fitness Release time: 28 February 2021