First of all, in terms of performance, the hydraulic power is basically the same, both in the category of centrifugal pumps. Therefore, it is not easy to distinguish from performance.
From the structural characteristics, the two pumps can be seen from the shape, the difference is that the vertical centrifugal pump is standing, and the horizontal centrifugal pump is lying horizontally.
Single stage horizontal pump Single stage vertical pump
Multistage horizontal pump Multistage vertical pump
Advantages and disadvantages of vertical centrifugal pumps and horizontal centrifugal pumps
In terms of choice, most people would like to use a horizontal centrifugal pump, mainly because the horizontal pump is simple, easy to repair and maintain. The vertical centrifugal pump is troublesome to repair, and it needs to be lifted every time it is repaired. Moreover, the long-axis pump needs to change the sliding bearing under the liquid for a long time. If it is not replaced, the consequence may be that the centrifugal force of the shaft is getting larger and larger, and the value of the shaft jump is increased. If it is not replaced in time, it will cause a mechanical accident. And to ensure absolute horizontal installation during installation. Since there are so many shortcomings, why would you choose a vertical centrifugal pump?
First, the vertical centrifugal pump is often used in the installation of underground tanks that cannot be backfilled. Or there is no space on site to lay the foundation for the horizontal centrifugal pump, only the vertical centrifugal pump can be placed on the tank.
Second, if the normal horizontal pump (not the self-priming pump) has a poor self-priming capability, it is impossible to extract the medium from the tank below. Therefore, horizontal pumps and vertical pumps are not comparable.
The requirements of the vertical centrifugal pump for the medium: it is best to contain no particles or a small amount of tiny particles. Cleaning media is of course better. The specific situation should be analyzed in detail.
1. Vertical centrifugal pump, with the same diameter and diameter of the inlet and outlet, and located on the same center line. It can be installed in the pipeline like a valve. The shape is compact and beautiful, the floor space is small, and the building investment is low. Used outdoors.
2. The impeller is directly mounted on the extension shaft of the motor. The axial dimension is short and the structure is compact. The pump and motor bearings are arranged reasonably, which can effectively balance the radial and axial loads generated by the pump operation, thus ensuring stable operation of the pump. Low vibration and low noise.
3. The shaft seal adopts mechanical seal or mechanical seal combination. It adopts imported titanium alloy seal ring, medium-sized high temperature resistant mechanical seal and hard alloy material. It is wear-resistant and seal, which can effectively extend the service life of mechanical seal.
4, installation and maintenance is convenient, no need to dismantle the pipe road system, as long as the pump joint body nut can be removed to extract all the rotor parts.
5. The series and parallel operation modes of the pump can be adopted according to the requirements of use, that is, the flow and the head.
6. The vertical and horizontal installation of the pump can be used according to the requirements of the pipeline arrangement.
The horizontal centrifugal pump runs smoothly and has a long service life. Import and export can be installed at 90 degrees.
1. The appearance is different, the vertical pump is standing and the horizontal pump is lying horizontally.
2. The connection form is different, the vertical pump is superposed and connected from bottom to top, and the horizontal pump is arranged longitudinally on the base.
3. The occupied space is different, the vertical pump covers a small area and the horizontal pump takes up a large area.
4. Maintenance difficulty is different, vertical pump maintenance is difficult, such as the inspection of the impeller needs to remove all the upper part can be carried out; and the horizontal pump is relatively easy.
5. The installation form is different, the vertical pump is connected as a whole, and the installation is easy; and the horizontal pump needs to be adjusted after the installation.
Vertical centrifugal pump and horizontal centrifugal pump working conditions
The vertical centrifugal pump is divided into a vertical multi-stage centrifugal pump and a vertical single-stage centrifugal pump. Generally, a vertical multi-stage centrifugal pump for a small-flow high-lift centrifugal pump, such as a CDLF vertical multi-stage centrifugal pump (commonly used in a building water supply system), The vertical single-stage centrifugal pump (used in closed loop system) is generally used for equalizing the flow head.
Large-flow low-lift horizontal pumps (commonly used in building air-conditioning systems), such as S-type high-flow centrifugal pumps, which take up a lot of space. The vertical single-stage centrifugal pump is installed directly on the pipeline and does not occupy space. However, the pump power generally does not exceed 75KW. Otherwise, the pipeline may have a relatively large impact. Generally, the standby pump is not good.
The horizontal centrifugal pump requires the installation of the machine base. Generally, the single-stage end suction type/double suction type pipeline is fed in/out/horizontal in and out. The inlet pipe diameter is larger than the outlet pipe diameter. The power can be made large and the efficiency is higher than the vertical type. Pump, the impact on the pipeline is relatively small. Large pumps are generally recommended to use horizontal.
In short, the vertical pipeline pump does not occupy space, but the power is not suitable for doing too much, the horizontal type occupies the place, but the efficiency is high, the power can be put a lot.
The above is the simple difference between the vertical centrifugal pump and the horizontal centrifugal pump and how to choose.