Galvanized Steel Water Storage Cistern Tank - 2500 Gallon
galvanized water storage tank
Features and Options
NOTE: Tanks should be installed on a solid base. Concrete pads or crushed granite are recommended.
- Dimensions: 7' Diameter x 8'6" Height - NOTE: Dimensions listed are eave height. The top adds 6 - 15" to total height, depending on size of tank.
- Weight: 564 lbs
- Fittings: Most tanks have three fittings - an inlet, an outlet, and an overflow. The price above only includes one bulkhead connection for an outlet. All other fittings are optional.
- Inlet: Options include 3" or 4" male PVC adapter or a basket. The PVC adapter goes in the side of the tank on the side. Connect 3" or 4" schedule 40 PVC.
- Basket: The basket comes in two sizes, 12" or 16". This is inserted in the top of the tank near the edge. With a basket, you can spin the top so that the basket is under a downspout. With the basket positioned correctly, secure the top in place.
- Overflow: Options include 3" or 4" male PVC adapter. The overflow sticks out about 2". You can leave it as is, extend it, or run pvc pipe to the ground and direct the overflow as appropriate.
- Outlet: Options include 3/4", 1 1/4", or 2" PVC bulkhead connection. This watertight seal is threaded. Most tanks 1000 gallons or less get a 3/4" bulkhead. This allows you to screw in a 3/4" spigot. Attach a hose and you can gravity feed the water to your garden or trees. If you are going to pressurize the water with a pump, or may do so in the future, choose an 1 1/4" or 2" bulkhead. You can always reduce it with a bushing.
- Inspection Port: An optional 12" inspection hatch can be added to any tank.
This is a Galvanized Steel Water Storage Cistern Tank - 2500 Gallon made by Texas Metal Tanks. The galvanized steel tanks are G-90 grade 20 gauge metal made in the USA. We do not import foreign steel. The top is 22 gauge. After the tank is constructed, a paint / epoxy lining is applied to the interior of the tank to provide a protective barrier between the water and the metal itself. This product is FDA approved for potable (drinking) water applications and is ANSI / NSF 61 certified. Each tank is tested at the factory to ensure that it is watertight. With almost 90 years of history, these tanks have a typical lifespan of 30 - 35 years. Galvanized tanks have a one-year warranty.